Thursday 14 June 2012

Spaghetti Aglio, Olio e Peperoncino


{Translated: spaghetti with garlic, oil, and chili pepper flakes}


Found this Yum Sugar recipe on pinterest and as yesterday was that day of the week when the cupboard was looking pretty bare I decided it was the perfect day to go ahead and action it.


The great thing about this recipe is that the ingredients are so basic - pasta, garlic, oil and chilli pepper flakes - that even I had them to hand!



Sometimes these recipes just don't live up to the pretty photographs but I have to tell you it is gorgeous and a must try.  My husband looks forward to his dinner all day and when I tell him I'm trying a new recipe he groans! But luckily for him he loved it.

Extra tip - add some anchovies if you have some - plus some oil from the tin or jar the anchovies have been in, adds great flavour.

Find the recipe here

No comments: