Thursday 9 September 2010

I'm in love...

...With The Grove.







The love affair started about 18 months ago when Luke whisked us away there for a wonderful 24 hour break. The hotel is in Hertfordshire which is an hour or so's drive away from us around the lovely (ahem) M25.

Ever since, whenever it is rainy and miserable outside I think 'I wish I was at The Grove..' (and dream of the lovely spa, amazing treatments, cosy cream teas and lovely log fires in the Stables, the golf club restaurant, where they do gorgeous food) and whenever it is sunny I think 'I wish I was at The Grove..' (and dream of the Walled Garden, the heated pool, the man-made beach and the stunning grounds). The Spa is stunning and the pool is stylishly tiled in black slate. The whole place has been styled really well. The potting shed (a games, cafe type conservatory) has a real bohemian vibe (they also do cookery and flower arranging lessons there at certain times during the year). The Lounge room has dark painted walls and elaborate occasional furniture and sumptuous sofas, the perfect place for a pre-dinner cocktail or two.

They have an amazing kids club, with a whole dedicated, OFSTED inspected, building of their own (enabling mums and dads to get some time to enjoy a meal or the spa), the food is amazing and oh how I am envious of those lucky people who get married there!  One thing that does make up for that though is the fact that I saw the gorgeous David Beckham there last year, hanging his jeans out on his balcony - swoon! x

I do have more photos of our own that I've been trying to upload but blogger seems to be a bit temperamental so for now I leave you with photos from The Grove's website.

No comments: