Saturday 17 July 2010

Children's Fabrics

We've been out today looking at fabric for both of the boys new rooms.

We have a small button back chair which we would like to get reupholstered for Joseph's room and a leather tub chair which we would like a new fabric seat cushion and back cushion for Jackson's room. For both I really wanted to strike a balance between fun child's room and getting too sickly sweet if you know what I mean. I wanted to give them a decor each that they would love but something that would still grow with them through their changing stages.

Joseph is 5 and is starting to love learning about the world, different cultures, countries and beyond so I decided to go down the 'world traveller' route. Most of his bits I've chosen so far could be used for a teenager and certainly aren't child specific so we decided get a really fun and lively fabric for his button back chair.


It's called Distant Shores, from the Far Far Away range from Harlequin. As with all fabrics, it's much more beautiful in 'real life' and I love the way it includes everything from the Eiffel Tower to a London Bus through to a beautiful Indian elephant.

Jackson is 20 months so I'm keeping his room just airy and simple. I have found a lovely white, red and blue quilt from Zara Home and have ordered some bright prints for his walls. So for the leather tub chair we decided on:



It's called 'Man's Best Friend' (found at good old John Lewis). I love it, it's so fun and yet not babyish, he's going to love it for many years to come. Now I just can't wait to see the finished articles in situ and will make sure before and after photos are taken!

No comments: