Saturday 19 June 2010

I'm in love...

...With dark floorboards


They add instant glamour...



And drama...

Especially when set against constrasting colours and textures like this distressed grey dresser...



They bring other pops of colour alive...


And add a certain edge to any interior. I love the picture below where the glossy dark floorboards really add a sexiness this overtly feminine room, just gorgeous.



Images via Caitlin Wilson Designs, A Life's Design, Designer's Block, Domino, Everything Fabulous

3 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

My obsession as well. Im annoying my husband about getting some for our home! xx

leanne said...

We're in a rented property at the moment so can't but on my ever growing wish-list! My husband's getting worried for when we finally move! x

Tracey said...

Me too. We tried to get ours darkenend before we moved in but ours are warped too so we need to see if they are ok first. May have to take them all up or sand them right back but will lose the grooves. grr!